Formats / blogs series and what they're all about.

So over the years I've done a lot of different blogs all with sort of themes to them all with similar over-arching name.

As this is a brand new blog and not any of them I should probably take the time to explain some of them.


The Road So Far:


These are something I considered not exactly previews of video games more looking at games I'm playing / have been playing and talking about them. Or also a category for Early Access games I deem not really developed enough to give them a fair review but developed enough that for one reason or another they may be worth checking out.



The Sopa Box


It's the internet; I want to get mad about stuff; Sopa was one of the great moments the internet rose up to fight it and so in what is basically a self parody of my own attempts to change the industry and my egotistical stupid beliefs any of my attempts matter this series was born. The mantra I use to write these has two core parts: Firstly this will be a place of no nuance just charging straight ahead rather than dealing with other things that crap up, this is the bull who wants the china shop in ruins. Secondly "Get Angry" the issues have to be able to stir some kind of passion in me and often these do come off as a concentrated stream of anger towards an issue. If some-one were to ask "Why are you so angry" I'd go "Have you seen this shit? Why would I not be?".


The Critical Floor


An occasional series I do trying to take a deeper look at themes and symbolism in video games and trying to divine some meaning from them. Will the meaning or ideas be right? Who knows but this is me doing some real fart sniffing art critique and the best part of all of it really is the question "Does it matter if it is right?" The idea being to get people thinking, to be analysing works like your 8th grade English teacher tried to get you to do and coming up with ideas and finding elements of your own. Why? Because the more people actually become media literate and start to be able to look at games and other art to find meaning, the less people will think the term phrase "think critically about the media we consume" means you should call work after work sexist / racist and or homophobic under some belief that doing so is some elevated form of criticism. Also you might find it interesting to see an idiot like me come up with interpretations of how Resident Evil 7 mayactually secretly be about the modern oil industry. Or get a good laugh out of just how weird some stuff I piece together ends up.



A Nerd Lysing


Consider this a sort of trailer breakdown / preview content breakdown and hugely speculative series where I look at previews of nerdy things be it trailer or just still images and talk about imagery there, weird things that stick out or just predictions regarding the plot or themes.

Comments